arketing used to be a highly competitive field, presenting a huge advantage to people with a strong technical background. If you had the power of coding, you could build yourself a chatbot! Although the competitive side of marketing stays alive, Martech tools have levelled the playing field for marketers as it has removed the need for coding.
The term ‘martech’ is a clever conjugation of the words ‘ marketing’ and ‘technology’ and the term ‘no-code’ is closely associated with it. No-code martech tools have managed to make the impossible possible. Now, any individual irrespective of their coding skill can build websites, deploy chatbots, and analyze complex data without coding.
Note: While the tools have made the technical side of marketing accessible, it is important to remember that martech tools are not a substitute for skill and talent.
This article is a quick guide to everything you need to know about the world of martech and how you can use it to your advantage.
What are No-code Martech Tools?
No-code martech tools, as the name suggests, are virtual tools one can use for marketing without any coding skills. Most martech tools require you to integrate your existing system with a third party application before you can streamline your workflow.
One of the biggest reasons for all the rising buzz around martech tools is the fact that it can bridge the gap between a marketer with great ideas and the need for a strong technical background.
Martech tools have also empowered the new generation of marketers to produce quality content within a shorter period. Overall doubling efficiency while maintaining the same level of quality.
While improved efficiency is always sought after, a peek into today’s demand from marketers can bring forth the real need for martech tools.
What are the current demands of the marketing industry?
With millions of companies going online and catering worldwide, marketers are required to up their game more than ever.
Marketers are required to look into the tiniest of details while keeping in mind the bigger picture at hand. This is not an easy task, not even for a group of professional marketers as trends are quick to change.
The below figure represents some of the key areas where marketers can join forces with martech tools to achieve their vision.
Martech tools are specialised according to the area in which they can assist. For example, Konverse.ai, Hubspot can ace tasks related to data management and outreach improvement.
How do Martech tools help meet industry demands?
Now that we have established the need of the industry. It’s time to discuss how practical martech tools are for a marketer.
1. Producing original content
The virtual world is flooded with martech tools that specialise in providing customizable templates for infographics, SEO-friendly content, quality checks, and video editors.
You can choose to use a variety of tools to make your content. The incredible aspect of these tools is that the final product ultimately depends on the user’s vision and requirements. Therefore, ensuring uniqueness and originality!
2. Conducting market research and campaigns
Martech tools come in handy when it comes to in-depth research set to your metrics. You can closely study the current market trends, generate graphs and statistical reports to measure your progress too.
Martech tools ensure that you no longer depend on intuition alone. The tool can help confirm the success rate of your market strategy.
Marketing campaigns can feel cumbersome due to a variety of factors. Tackling overwhelming responses, building schedules that work, and ensuring everything is in place at a fixed time are just a few of the factors.
Martech tools that specialise in marketing campaigns simplify a major chunk of factors. For example, AI chatbots can generate immediate responses to messages. Therefore, tackling overwhelming responses can feel like a cakewalk!
3. Building customer-brand relationships
When it comes to developing customer-brand relationships, requires continuous effort and consistency. Chatbots, FOMO messages, and newsletters are a great way to keep your customers hooked.
Martech tools can be used to produce quick copies of such content and automate the process, reducing the overall workload and the margin for human errors.
Martech tools can also provide the perfect balance between brand style and professionalism in all aspects of customer interactions.
4. Collecting Feedback
If there is one thing that everyone knows about businesses is that your loyal customers are your best critics.
Collecting feedback is important. It is a great way to continuously improve your business.
However, collecting and storing important feedback and eventually applying the data to practical use is difficult.
Martech tools are here to save time and effort! You can use a combination of tools to firstly collect feedback and then process it into graphs or statistics reports which can be used by your in-house teams.
5. Generating Leads
Generating leads in today’s market can prove to be difficult as consumers are more aware of the importance their contact details hold.
As a marketer, devising strategies to collect warm leads for your business can be challenging. However, when used right, Martech tools can make the impossible happen. You can tap into newer marketing techniques, find new audiences and grow your outreach with the right combination of tools and strategies.
16 must-use Martech tools
Listed below are some popular martech tools which are specialised and user-friendly depending on requirements:
Content Creation Tools
- Canva - Canva is an excellent tool for making featured content of any type irrespective of where you wish to publish it. You can make attractive posts, infographics, newsletters and so much more. Canva can be linked directly to your social media accounts for ease of publishing!
- Shopify- Setting up shop online can be complex. However, with Shopify, you can set up your online shop in a jiffy! All your standard processes such as checkouts, cart updates, stock updates, delivery details can be automated.
- Mindmeister- Mindmeister provides an ideal space to work out the flow of your content creation. You can allow your ideas to take shape using this tool and even share your thoughts and ideas with your team! Mind maps often bring clarity to the bigger picture.
- Bubble- Gone are the days when you needed a coder to build web browsing pages. With Bubble, you can build multiple interactive web browsing pages styled to your taste for your customers. Martech tools give you the power to make your ideas come to life.
Lead Enrichment Tools
- Konverse.ai- Konverse.ai makes use of NLP powered chatbots to collect essential data which is then converted into daily reports and graphs based on metrics set by the user.
- Google Forms- Google forms allows you to make forms, surveys, and collect feedback easily. It also stores data systematically for easy understanding. Your google form can include texts, images, and option-based questions too.
- Wistia- Wistia provides top-notch tools for video marketing. If you are looking to provide an excellent viewing experience to your customers, Wistia is recommended. You can choose to embed your Wistia channel videos onto your website easily. Integration of Wistia with data analytic tools can help measure your engagement with customers through the videos.
- CallRail- If your team uses voice calls to manage marketing campaigns, then CallRail is an ideal solution. It allows you to automate the tracking of call leads from digital and offline sources. You can always choose to integrate Callrail with other martech tools for a better experience.
- Hubspot- Hubspot wins the limelight for being one of the most practical and user-friendly marketing tools. With Hubspot you can manage your website, contacts and publish blogs, overall making the experience smooth and easy.
- Databox- Databox is ideal if you often find yourself comparing two sets of data. Data comparison plays a vital role in making business decisions in terms of marketing and revenue generation. Databox works best when integrated with other data-driven martech tools.
- Konverse.ai- Konverse specializes in providing NLP powered chatbots, streamlining multiple channels into an omnichannel, automating marketing campaigns from a single platform. The platform also allows third-party integrations.
- Slack- If you’re looking to improve communication, slack is certainly a good option. Slack excels at providing a seamless communication experience with teammates, customers, friends and more. You can also choose to integrate your slack account with zoom, google drive and so on.
- Google Tools- Google tools is a whole package! You can use it to schedule meetings, make documents, collaborate, and store data systematically. Google tools are free to use and provide user-friendly features. However, while making content, it is advisable to use a combination of martech tools instead of google tools alone.
- Stripe- When it comes to online payments, Stripe hits the mark. With a variety of payment products, stripe provides a seamless experience for transactions. You can choose to accept payments and send payouts securely with ease. Like most other payment tools, stripe also accepts integration with third-party applications.
- Mailchimp & Hubspot- When it comes to email marketing, Mailchimp & Hubspot have proven to be the best martech tool to aid the process. You can use the tool to optimize your mailing strategy and it aids you in building strong and effective emails to send to your customers.
- Integromat- Integromat can automate all standard procedures which would have to be done manually. This tool saves time and improves efficiency even though it automates most of the basic tasks such as data transfer.
Inspired to Get your Own Martech Stack?
To run a successful business, one requires to optimize their workflow. Martech tools have made a permanent place for themselves in the industry of marketing through practicality and simplifying tasks which once required understanding and honing of complex skills.
The best way to build a foolproof marketing strategy is to experiment with various combinations of martech tools and techniques until you find the strategy best suited for your niche and brand.
However, to help you get started, Listed below are 6 simple steps you can apply while building your Martech stack:
Step 1- Assess your Martech needs
Depending on your Brand style and niche, your requirements for technology will be unique. Therefore, it is essential to know what you need, to achieve your marketing goals.
Step 2- Look into your existing Martech stack
Inspect your existing stack to shortlist tools that align with your current martech needs. It will also bring forth tools that are outdated, need upgradations or add no value to the stack.
Note: Sometimes a few new additions to your existing stack may do the trick.
Step 3- Identify areas of improvement
Now that you’re aware of your marketing needs and the tools in your stack, It’s time to make improvements. The easiest way to start improving the efficiency and practicality of your stack is to identify its shortcomings.
Step 4- Incorporate Flexibility
The amazing thing about technology is that it improves itself continuously. This means, over time you will need to add, subtract, renew or even replace your martech stack. Keeping this in mind, the best way to build a stack is to ensure flexibility. Building a stack that is based on API integrations and can accept various forms of data is a good start.
Note: Avoid stacks that lead to a standstill of processes due to changes in the market.
Step 5- Find suitable platforms and vendors
Martech stacks are vital to business growth. Therefore, before you invest it is advisable to conduct thorough research and then acquire a platform. Most platforms offer free trials and a demo to help you choose the best.
Step 6- Customize and Implement
Most Martech tools are highly customizable. So, once you have decided on the best combination of tools for your brand it is time to let your marketing team shine. Your martech tools should assist and empower your marketers every step of the way.